domingo, 19 de maio de 2024

Centuries

I know your hand from all the times
They rested over mine.
I draw your shoulders
because I know their shape from all the tears
I poured on them long before here.

Your eyes seek mine but not me
they seek the one I've been before this
Before this old body and aching soul
From a time when we were whole.

We got lost in translation.
Have we said in a minute or so?
It took you too long to show up around here
Now there's no plan nor hope to see.

And yet your hands feel the same
as the ones I touched lives ago
even the shape of your shoulders feels familiar
'cause I lay on them when I was in fear.

You remind me of one every day
I'm an old valentine whom you don't recall
It feels like a dream we can't quite reach
and from which we can't flee,

It's a chasing we perform endlessly
As if we weren't meant to be
a love crossing the centuries but that can never stick
and yet we keep bumping into each other
there's always a corner
where I know I'll meet your soul again.
Until when?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário